This is the 2nd group of attachments for our WELCOME boards. Here are the supplies I used for this project:
- 2-3 brushes, 3/4″, 1/4″, 1/8″ for your detail work, water container for your brushes, paper plate, and paper towels.
- 3 Wood Cutouts: Santa Hat, New Years Hat, Snowflake
- Paint (see list below)
- Polka Dot Sponge (optional)
- small fan for drying (optional)
- Rustoleum Crystal Clear Enamel to seal and make it glossy (optional)
- Paint used for this project:
- Liquitex Colors used: Titanum White, Cadmium Red Deep Hue, Naphthol Crimson, Yellow Oxide, Metallic Gold
- You can order them here from my affiliate link: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-8812931-11428147?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dickblick.com%2Fitems%2F00717-7064%2F&cjsku=00717-7064 (or they can be purchased at Michaels or Hobby Lobby)
- Bungalow 47 Paint colors Lamp Post & Lava Lamp
We start this project by base coating the Santa Hat and New Years Hat with the Black (Lamp Post). Let both of those dry fully.
Paint the Snowflake with 2 coats of Turquoise (Lava Lamp). Let it dry fully.
Paint the ribbon in the New Years Hat with the yellow/gold color (Yellow Oxide), then go over that color with the Metallic Gold. Use your polka dot sponge and white paint and add large polka dots all over the hat (top and bottom area).
Next, work on the Santa Hat. I start with the Red part of the hat. Use the darker red first, (Cadmium Red Dark Hue), While that is still wet, add the bright orange red (Naphthol Crimson) on top of the dark red and leave it look a little streaky. You want to see dark and light spots.
Add white to the ball and rim of the hat, I did 2 coats.
Next, I added some “snow” to my snowflake. You can go heavy or light. I just dry brushed it on the edges, but you can also flick it (like we did on the christmas truck) to add some more.
Last, I added the vinyl to the New Years Hat. (I forgot to take pics while I was doing this) but we’ve added vinyl to so many projects, I think you guys got it!!
Last, I took them outside to spray them with the Rustoleum Crystal Clear enamel. Gave them each 2 coats. I let them dry for a few hours and then added the velcro to them. Make sure you add the right side of the velcro, I had to replace several pieces because I put the wrong side on.
Also some of you that purchased the first sets of Fall packs, this velcro is bigger, its stronger and I like it much better. I added some extra pieces for your board if you want to pull it off and add the bigger piece there too.
Don’t forget to post your pics in the Facebook group! I can’t wait to see them!!